Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Monday, March 26, 2007

My Great Debate (Ignorance) (Q.U.P)

Lately I've been thinking, if I had to choose between being ignorant or being knowledgeable on the things that are going around me, what would I really choose?

It seems like such a easy Q&A, but is it really? Knowledgeable seems like the clear choice, but with the power of knowing everything that is going around you, comes the price and pain of knowing the bad. Sometimes doesn't it seen like ignorance is much easier? I have alot of ignorant friends. Sometimes it seems like I am the only one who actually knows what is going on. (Sidetracking: When I think about what I just said, sure, maybe it seems like I am the only one knows what is going on, but what if I am the ignorant one. I always try to see both sides, the pros and cons of all debates or whatever it maybe. Human self discipline and the mind is so hard to control.) It sometimes seems like I am the only one who sees the whole picture...but if I am the only one who sees all the angles, the top and bottom and not only what is in front of them, who do I talk to see if I am right. Who do I talk to to prove I am not the one who is ignorant. Its pretty fucked up. Now back to the question, if I was more ignorant to start off with, I wouldn't have this problem. I would just fit in, I could just be stupid as the next person and live my life as a "thing" and move on from one emotion to the next. I envy some people. If I was given the same task as someone else, I would stress out about it and maybe just do a little better then someone. the other person wouldn't stress out about it and take the lesser "grade" with a smile. How does that work? Am I being ignorant of their true feelings?

Aren't there so many deep things out there that you wonder about? Sometimes I feel uncomfortable about these types of topics, cause again, no one understands me. They are like "What the fuck are you talking about?" Its frustrating cause I am not the best speaker, or writer. If I can paint my feelings and thoughts, how does someone else really know? Or is it that I am painting something so abstract that it is impossible for the next man to understand what is being seen?

For you RPG VG'ers, has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty. Pretty crazy huh? But I've actually thought about that before I played the game recently. There are so many unknown things out there, and we lead to believe what we believe everyday. Let me ask you, what the fuck is oxygen really? Are you sure you are breathing it? And if yes, how do you REALLY know? Who told you we are breathing oxygen? Your science teacher? What has you science teacher ever done for you that you can trust him? We believe what people tell us to believe only because we want to believe in something and we are scared of being empty and ignorant. But arnt you really ignorant if you believe in something false? Or do we really all want to be ignorant cause its easier? Thats the problem, I dont want to be ignorant, but then I do. No questions, no doubts, no fears, no pain.

Really, how fucked up would it be if someone higher (not like a god) was controlling what we learned, felt, loved?

I think I know why people drink/smoke and abuse them selves. To make their lives shorter, because living isn't easy, and quite scary. Its much more simple. We are living to die.

Thanks for writing. Just know, I am always here. If you need someone, I will be here even past you.

"The good things in life outweigh the bad things in life, that is what keeps me going" -David Robinson

(Monday, July 24, 2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I've always wondered how people can lead their lives without every helping the world in some way. I always thought the point of life is to help others. (People, nature, the world in general.)