Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Danny Rogers

So when I'm a computer lab in the basement of Coffman right now and when I got here I looked down to unzip my jacket and when I looked up I saw maybe about 8 faces looking at me and they all turned away quickly because they all got caught staring. It was kind of weird and I thought maybe my hair was messed up or maybe I had a poop stain on my coat or something. But nothing.

Last weekend I got to sit around and relax. I had time to myself and I got to do what ever I wanted. It might sound boring, but it was so refreshing. I didn't have to worry about other people and babysit them. I didn't have to organize events evreyone would think are fun, I didn't have to plan out where we were going to eat, I didn't have listen to ignorant bull shit. I sat in my room and I did homework, read books, played lots and lots of guitar, sat there listened to music and thought about life. When I wanted to interact with people, I just walked out and hung out with my little brother or went up stairs and chilled with my Mom. I'm going to need a few more of these weekends in the future. The weekend really went by to fast. I remember sitting in my room on Sunday asking myself when the hell it turned into Sunday. Saturday I was actually productive and did some homework. I took a nap and that took a bite out of the day, but I managed to chill with Andy and then later Benny came over. When Andy came over I installed Final Fantasy 7 onto my computer and we played that for a little while. Benny came over and we played some Melee. Its amazing what some time off of Melee does to you. Two weeks ago we maybe played like 2 hours of Melee and this past weekend we hadn't played at all. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. Its going to be interesting to see how sharp everyone is when we all come back and play. The playing grounds should be much more leveled. After we smashed for about an hour we went back to some Final Fantasy. The game has been awesome so far. Barret punched a guy in the face out of no where and Andy and I just died! Andy and Mitch left around 3 am. Sunday I woke and did nothing but homework until I had to go to Dean's. Then I just organized what homework I needed to do and just sat around. I wanted to do some HUB shopping but Dean is worried that there will be an FBI crackdown so I didn't. I tried to go to bed but everyone in the room was way to amped that night. One of Dean's roommates mummbles when he usually talks, but it is amazing how loud he is only when I attempt to sleep. I think he secretly hates me. And when I do fall asleep, someone starts yelling or kicks the couch I sleep on. I don't think I ever had a decent nights sleep there, but I can't complain, if it wasn't for that room I wouldn't even be able to attend school.

I have my little brothers name written in my blog notes, but I can't remember why I put it there. It just says Richard, I wish I would have written a sub-note. Something deep within makes me think that I wanted to write something really good about him.
Haha, nice, I just remembered! Amazing how just typing a few sentences triggered my memory. On Saturday or Friday, I don't remember, Dick went out to go watch a movie with his friends. He went with his friends and with out me. A part of me was proud because this means he is growing up and exploring the world with out me and exploring his life post-min. But at the same time, a part of me was sad, because I don't want him to leave, I don't plan on living post-richard, or him living post-min. I know that we will always be there for each other, but it still made me a little sad to see that this is just another person I might have to let go of someday. I hope he had fun though.

The other day I over heard a pitiful story. A girl (I won't mention any names) was telling someone a story about their weekend or a past weekend or whatever, doesn't matter. She said that she had gone out but was to tired to drink. But that all of her friends forced her to drink. The listener told her that it really isn't that hard to pass up booze and she replied that he was wrong, that it is near impossible to deny alcohol. I really thought peer pressure was more of a highschool thing but I guess not. And maybe I was stupid to think that. I am beginning to think that social conformity is something that lasts with us even through adulthood. Until we grow old and gray and finally realize that what society wants us to be doesn't matter. Adults still put in makeup before they go out into public. Why? Because they are afraid of what society will think of them. And why is alcohol so hard to decline? You even see adults pushing alcohol onto each other. If you were full and someone offered you another plate of food, you could easily deny that offer. But, when it comes to alcohol, and you don't want to drink or you are to drunk and someone offers you more, you can't deny. That doesn't make sense to me. Is it really that embarrassing to the people of our society to decline alcohol? Why are people who don't drink outcasts? A very strange concept to me.

The semester is coming to a close and I need to pick a major before I hit 60 credits. That gives me about a 6 week window I believe. I have a couple of ideas but I'm still not completely sure. I think over these next few weeks, a search for a passion is going to be really sensitive. Right now if I had to choose, I think I would pick Moral Philosophy. Kind of out there huh? I still need to research it but they said you could still be artistic with the major and still help people. I know I like art, and I know I want to use art to help people and help them feel things. I want to help people tap into the intangibles. Maybe Moral Philosophy could help me do that, we will see. The story of how I discovered the major is actually kind of cool. I was reading my eblogger comments and Ms. Anonymous left me a comment saying that I had good philosophy. I thought that, "wow, thats a cool word and a good way of putting it." Later that week, I went to a major fair and I saw a poster that said Philosophy in big bold letters. I had to check it out. If anyone has any info that could lead me to an awesome major, philosophy or anything else, please let me know. I need all the help I can get.

Lately I've been playing lots and lots of guitar. When I slept over Dean's dorm on Sunday, the thing I missed most was my guitar. I've been playing it so much that the skin on my fingers are beginning to peel. I still don't think I'm that good at it, but I've improved and I think I can use it to write some music. And right now, writing some music of my own seems fantastic. Writing music is such good therapy to me, and right now I could use some healing. I thought out a couple of original guitar parts that I still want to add more to, but I think they are a good start. I wish I had more music knowledge and more equipment and more skills, but I'll see where this takes me. When I say "takes me" I don't mean publicly or commercially, I mean whether it makes me happier or not. I probably will start a little project here soon. I was trying to think of a deep, dense and meaningful name for my project and I had Vince help me out the other day. He brought up some amazing words and with his help I think I have a good name. I don't want to unveil it right now, but maybe later if everything comes together right.

Recently I asked myself the question: "Do you like things over produced?" And I really don't know. I appreciate things that are well thought out and very polished, but I don't want it to be mechanical. I think there are a lot of things out there that I like over produced, but I'm not sure yet. I know I don't like one thing over produced, and thats a hair style. I like fancy and original hair, but I don't like the preppy wet gel look. I think I need to invest in hair spray and not gel. Does hair spray still hurt the o-zone?

No comments: