Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why Is This Group Taken Seriously?


I have a question and 3 clips. My question is: Why are some of these Republicans taken seriously? The three clips will provide examples for why they shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Clip 1: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/jon-stewart-after-herman-cains-libya-gaffe

I hardly need to explain or go into detail on this one as Jon Stewart dissects it all for us. But for the defenders of Herman Cain, please do tell us what is going on. Why does it seem like he is buffering data with an old school 56k connection? And is it okay for Herman Cain to answer every question by shaking his head and replying with “999”? The latter should be an absurd question, but I honestly feel like some of his supporters will defend his reaction.

Clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WELkanHrSqw

Now I can agree to disagree as I am, in a general sense, pro-choice. But for those pro-lifers out there, can you please help clarify what Cain is saying? How can abortion be legal and illegal at the same time? Why the hell are the people in the back clapping? I can understand the first batch of claps as they probably had no idea of the stupidity that was to follow, but why would you continue to clap when Cain is making absolutely no sense?! At this point, we all need to set aside the issue of abortion, and try to make sense of what Cain is saying. I also love the faces of the other two gentlemen as they are attempting to understand Cain’s logic (or lack of). Lastly, I love how Cain asks, “does that help clear it up?” as if he were the one making sense.

Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmi_p1iLs3g&feature=related

Now I don’t really have a problem with Rick Perry admitting that he can’t name the third agency. I would rather have this than people like Bachmann, Palin, and Cain making stuff up and attempting to patch up the holes later. I find Perry quite humble for admitting he can’t name the third agency he would get rid of. However, just because I respect and prefer this type of answer, doesn’t mean he is fit to be president. You know why I don’t run for president? Well, first I’m too young, and because I don’t think I’m qualified. Perry is obviously not ready to be president. When people really like or really hate something, they generally remember those things. It’s the middle stuff that they are indifferent on that they usually forget and not the things they feel more passionately about.

No comments: