Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The N.B.A Needs A Chris Kluwe


I haven't been following the N.B.A lockout closely. At this point, these money loving idiots aren't all that relevant to me. About as relevant to me as knowing if my neighbor took a shit this morning. All I know is that a lot of venom is being tossed around and that they aren't close to resuming normally scheduled N.B.A actions.

One thing the potential N.F.L lockout had that the N.B.A doesn't have (thus far) is a Chris Kluwe. Yes, yes, I understand that punters don't exist in the N.B.A. Kicking the ball is a violation in basketball. What I mean by "A Chris Kluwe" is: a member of either side of the table that stands up and speaks against his peers. Kluwe made some not so flattering comments about the biggest stars in the N.F.L this summer when it came to the labor talks. Then the great, although one sided (advantage Kluwe), conversation between Kluwe and Nate Jackson on Deadspin ensued. If you haven't been able to read Kluwe's rebuttal, go read that now. It's better than anything you'll read on my Hub (Not too steep of a task).

Maybe I missed it, but is there anyone in the N.B.A going against the grain? Anyone that is standing up and saying, "Hey guys, we're actually really lucky to be in the position we are in"?

No comments: