Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

James McFarland

If anyone is thinking about buying a computer soon, I warn you now, DO NOT buy a Toshiba machine and do not buy it from CompUSA. They both suck. I bought a Toshiba laptop from CompUSA and since the day I bought I've had troubles with it.

Yesterday I got something in the mail asking me to donate money to some Alzheimer's foundation. They sent the message to a MRS. Min Lee at Vinewood LN. The address is right but there isn't a Mrs. Min Lee. Idiots.

On Sunday the MLB had Jackie Robinson day and it was all over ESPN. Basically it was the only thing they talked about. Yes Jackie Robinson should be honored but god damn! That night I had a dream where everyone was against me. Everyone would make fun of my ideas and they would bash anything that came out of my mouth. Well one day I snapped and I started beating the shit out of everyone. I think the dream was related to all the Jackie Robinson stuff because they talked about how Robinson was rejected by everyone but had enough strength to fight for what he thought was right. I think I learned that if I was in Robinson's shoes, I would have never made it.

I am getting more and more excited for this years Warped Tour. I have no idea why I am so excited so early but I am. Maybe my love for music keeps growing and growing and now I just can't get enough. I plan on buying my ticket soon so I can get the special pre-sale discount. $30 for all those bands!? STEAL! My TBS, OU, AFS tickets cost more. I don't think the list is final yet because I saw some bands being added still, but here is who I am looking forward to seeing.
For Sure Seeing:
Amber Pacific
Chiodos
Escape the Fate
Meg and Dia
Underoath

Want to see but depends in the timing and lineup:
A Static Lullaby
The Almost
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Bayside
Bleed The Dream
Cinematic Sunrise
Circa Survive
Funeral For A Friend
Poison The Well
The Starting Line

Might see because I might never get another chance:
Coheed and Cambria
New Found Glory

Won't be seeing:
Cute is What We Aim For
Rocket Summer
My American Heart

Won't be seeing because they aren't coming:
Anberlin (Two days After the stop)
As I Lay Dying (3 Days before they join)
Sum 41
The Used (Their new song is sweet!)
Yellowcard

I watched Bowling for Columbine last week and now Michael Moore is my hero. I can agree with so many things in the film. I think it is very brave of Moore to fight for what he believes in the mainstream even if it means that a lot of people hate him for it. He uses art to communicate many of our problems and actually does something to try and fix those problems. I hope someday I can use art as a medium to help people feel and see things. I wish I would have taken notes while I was watching the movie so I could talk about each topic but I didn't so I guess I just won't be talking about them. I will mention how brilliant the Marilyn Manson interview was. I tell myself that the interview has to be edited and that they actually practiced and recorded the thing many times because the interview is perfect. Everything Manson says is just strait up right and it amazes me that he could say such brilliant words just off the top of his head. I don't care of you're liberal or conservative, everyone should watch the movie and if don't agree with something in the movie, well you should die (I keep wanting to make inappropriate Virginia Tech jokes but I will refrain). I got Fahrenheit 9/11 coming to me soon and I am pumped to watch it.

There is this kid named Will in my Rock and History class and he is unique person. His opinions on things have no middle ground, he either really likes it, or hates it. He is this really big really built guy and he presents this brute, red neck vibe. In Rock History when we learned about women in rock he comes up to me and tells me that women suck at music and should stick to house work. When we learned about gay people in U.S History he told me he wanted to leave because he was disgusted. When we learned about Iron Maiden in rock class, he loved it. Are you kind of sensing what this guy is like? I wish people could be more multicultural and accept things more.
There was a part in Bowling for Columbine that talked about how people are more likely to get attacked by a white person in some part in California rather then a black person. And I believe it. We all just think that it is more likely we get attacked by a black person. I thought about it and I have really changed when it comes to this issue. When I lived in Minneapolis I wasn't scared of black people, most of my friends were actually black. After a few years in Plymouth, I became afraid of black people. Being around all these white people who live afraid of black people rubbed off on me. So I told myself, you will flush all fears of black people out and you will respect them as individuals. I can't change completely over night, but I managed to eliminate most of my fears. Its crazy how you can just force yourself not to be afraid, it really works. I was actually tested the other day. I was sleeping in the car and my Dad left the car windows open since the sun was out and the weather is getting really hot. I woke up to the sound of DMX and I looked out the window. Outside was this huge black dude. I would assume a normal white suburban person would roll up the windows and lock the doors. I think normally I would be a little scared but at that moment I wasn't. He looked into the car and saw me laying there but by this time I had opened my eyes. He goes, "Oh snaps, what up kid?" and I just replied with a "what up?" myself. He laughed and said, "damn, he tired as a 'mua fucka.'" I think a normal suburban person would be scared by the cussing, but lucky for me, I knew he wasn't actually calling me a mother fucker. Then I thought would someone who isn't multicultural or in this case hip-hop cultured be offended by him calling someone a "mua fucka?" I think everyone should make an effort to learn more about other cultures so there isn't this confusion and this fear between groups. I think I am lucky to be semi-diverse but I want to learn more and more.
There is more I wanted to talk about on this topic but my wrists kind of hurt from typing so much so I am going to quit. I need to write a paper tonight too. Tee hee!

No comments: