Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

DeAndre Thomas

This morning I woke up and I had no idea what was going on. I had no idea where I was and what I was doing. I couldn't even find my alarm even though it was going off. I woke up looking up at the ceiling and that rarely happens. It was weirdie.

Last night while I was writing out the beginning of my history paper I listened to the Donnie Darko soundtrack because I didn't want to listen overly intense music. The Donnie Darko OST is probably the scariest CD ever. I had to take my headphones off
just because I was getting to scared. It was weirdie.

So everyone probably knows about the Virgina Tech shooting that went down yesterday. It is really crazy stuff and even more weird for me because I just watched Bowling for Columbine. My heart goes out to all the families involved because I can't even imagine losing a loved one so abruptly. At the same time, I have this sucks for you guys feeling deep down inside. I know that is like the worst thing I could say at a time like this and I hope I don't get blacklisted by Google or the government but sometimes we all deserve something like this. We, everyone, are not good people and it feels refreshing to be slapped in the face once in a while. Hopefully something like this brings people together and makes us better people. I kind of feel like we deserve it.
I just got done reading an article on Yahoo about the shooter. After I read the shooter was from South Korea I just thought, "Ahh fuck." Because now I will have to go through what the Japanese went through during the second world war and what Middle Eastern people are going through now. I am going to be on the receiving end American prejudice. I am taking an American History course this semester and I've read many stories about what happened to the blacks, the Jews, and the Japanese and every time I read those stories my blood would boil because the treatment they received was totally unfair. Well now I need to be ready to be treated like that and it is scary. I feel like I've lived a decent life so far, I haven't done anything so bad that someone could consider me immoral immediately. Now what if I am sent off to concentration camps? I did nothing wrong. It is scary to think that something that scary is so close to me right now. Would anyone on the outside stand up for me? Probably not because my family would be in the same position as I am and those are the only people who would fight for me. After the main article on Yahoo, there is an article out of Korea asking people in the U.S not to blame all South Koreans for the incident. I hope people take that message to heart.
I read the main article about the shooter and it just pissed me the fuck off. I will copy and paste it on here but I'll give a quick overview of what I read. The headline to the link is "He was a loner" and the article continues about how it is hard to dig up information about him because no one really knew him. Then the article goes on to talk about how police currently has no idea and are confused about what his motive was. Are you fucking dumb? How can the media and America but that fucking stupid? Just from reading that one article, I can think of a big reason why he did it.

"BLACKSBURG, Va. - The gunman suspected of carrying out the Virginia Tech massacre that left 33 people dead was identified Tuesday as a senior English major from
South Korea. But police and university officials offered no clue to his motive.

"He was a loner, and we're having difficulty finding information about him," school spokesman Larry Hincker said, a day after the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history.

The rampage consisted of two attacks, more than two hours apart — first at a dormitory, where two people were killed, then inside a classroom building, where 31 people, including the gunman, died after being locked inside, Virginia State Police said. The gunman committed suicide."

The human soul is a fragile thing. It needs to be loved. Yes the gunner made a decision and he carried the acts of violence, but a part of me doesn't blame him. I blame us and I blame me. Ya sure there is probably no way I could have talked to him since I am in Minnesota and he is Virgina, but still. What if I would have friended more randoms on Myspace and talked to them and given them someone to talk to? What if one of those randoms were him? Some people would argue, "You only say all this because you're Korean." I say to those people blow my right nut then my left. One of the first details the article gives is that he is from South Korea. Is that such a big deal? Even when a black person does something to get on the news they always say, "30 year old black man killed 5 people. The black man lived in Compton. He was the father of 3 black children. He was black." You never hear, "White man kills 3 students." I don't mean to sound racist, and I know this is how our society is set up, but does it seem unfair to other people too?
Enough about that, I don't want to get into to much trouble. Tee hee!

This past weekend I probably took like 10 showers in like 3 days. To much. I am kind of ashamed.

I'll go over my weekend quick.
On Friday I went out and ate with my Mom then she dropped me off at school. After class Peter picked me up and then went to work since he was called in. After we dropped our stuff off we went to the park to play some basketball. Joe met up with us and we started out with some 21. There was another group of guys there and they asked us if we wanted to play 4 on 4. They were a new group and Jon decided to label them the "Fegros." We played two games with the "fegros" and we won one and lost one. We should have been able to dominate both games easily but managed to lose one and play another close game. It is frustrating knowing that we underachieved. There are so many things I wish I would have done differently but thats how I feel after everything. I tend to put the weight of the team on shoulders but thats okay. After the game Joe told me that I dissect my game to much and he is right, but I think thats what makes me improve. After basketball we went out got some shopping done then went to Applebees.
On Saturday I got home from church early which was nice since we had a whole day planed out. Our plan was to go out and get some more shopping done, come home and play some basketball or football, then go over to my place and play on the karaoke machine, then to LAN gears of war, play some melee, then watch a movie. We failed. We started out by going to Best Buy and Music Go Round. I need to pick up some X-box gear and I am looking for a musical keyboard. After we got everyone and played some more basketball. Was a good old time and we ended up playing until about 9. After everyone was hungry we went to Applebees again. Applebees has lost much of its magic and I just don't get excited to go anymore, but Saturday night was like old times. The food was great and the conversation was one of the best we ever had. Everyone had input and for the most part when people talked it didn't hurt the conversation. We talked a lot about politics, society, human nature, and just more philosophical stuff. We went around the table and got where everyone stands politically and we all shared a bunch of good information. Lately I've been studying why our conversations haven't been so good and I've been studying the people. I think certain groups of people make for good conversations and certain people kill the chats. Red and Sat joined us on Saturday night and I think they had a lot of good things to say and really helped our chat. One thing I still dislike is how Mitch pulls me into personal conversations when there is a great group debate going on. I always tell him to share it with the table then he always refuses like he is embarrassed or something. I really wish he wouldn't pull me into those one on one conversations because I'm not mean enough deny him, but I really don't want to miss the big talk. One thing I noticed is if I don't start the snowball, no conversations form. Its up to me to bring up a topic. Then there are some people who help me add to the snowball and then I've noticed there are some people who stomp the snowball. I am pretty excited for our next applebees visit, but I just hope it works out and is as good as Saturdays trip.

Alright, this blog feels really long. The End.

No comments: