Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Short and Stumpy

Korean class is done and now I have a 3 hour break before Barneezy gets done with class. 3 hours sounds like a long time but it never seems that long. After the computer lab closes I am going to go read my Rock History novel.
I look around and everyone is using computers to do academic work but I use it to blog haha. Actually there is this one Asian dude checking his Fantasy Basketball team. I already know he has a weak ass team. He may rank high in his league, but he is probably playing against some other weak ass Asian who don't know what traveling is. They all probably fought for the first pick so they can draft Yao Ming. Idiots. I once heard these blacks arguing in this lab and they were debating if Steve Nash was the best player on the Sun or if Shawn Marion was. Shawn Marion is a one of a kind player in the N.B.A but that question is soooo easy. If we are playing street ball, maybe Marion, but this is basketball you stupid monkeys. Oh well, what do I know, I like the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Think about a time when you were walking down a narrow hallway and someone was approaching you and you guys both try to get out of each others way, but only get in each others way again. And then you do it again. This may go on to 3 dodges but usually no more. Well when I am walking around campus and someone is approaching me, it seems like I am always the one to avoid them. One day I tested this to see if i kept going strait would the other person move. I waited for the last moment to steer away and if I hadn't we would have bumped shoulders. Are people that stupid? Are people that inconsiderate? Are people that oblivious? How come I'm always the one that moves? And is it that hard to hold the door for someone behind you? It doesn't take that much effort. The U of M has bike lanes. I usually look both ways before I cross those bike lanes but I always see people walking into them as bikes are coming. I hope one of these days someone has bike rage and runs them the fuck over. That would be sweet to see.

In my latest blog (The one I wrote and posted an hour ago haha) I wrote about a reoccurring dream. After I wrote about it and on my way to my Korean class, I thought about another reoccurring dream I used to have when I was a little kid. It was a nightmare and I was scared to go back to bed after I would have this nightmare. It was your stereotypical nightmare where you would spring up when you wake up with wide eyes and sweat dripping. The dream always started with a helicopter shot of a dark castle with storms over it. I think every time I saw this shot I would think to myself ahhh fuck. But shortly after the castle is examined by the camera you see a group of kids walking down the street. The group of kids are me and my friends. They flip open the fence and walk in. When you walk in, there is a small sidewalk that is surrounded by tombstones. Some of us are scared to go into the castle and some of us are excited. We eventually talk everyone to going into it. As we walk into it, the camera stays behind. The castle has a bridge from the graveyard to the actual castle. Way below is a lake or something. Probably has crocodiles in it to. But you see blood dripping from one of the tombstones into the lake. Then it cuts to us inside the doors. To our right there are bathrooms and some rooms to our left and stairs that lead upstairs strait ahead. Most of us run upstairs but someone needs to take a shit so they go into the bathroom. The bathroom lights don't work so he/she takes a shit in the dark. The is a girls bathroom and a guys bathroom, but in the wall that separates them is a door. I can't think of a situation where a girl or guy would need to walk into the opposite sexes bathroom really quick, but it was there. The door opens and someone kills the person taking a shit (Made that really dramatic). Slowly that person kills everyone off but me in the house. I find my way out and run down the street and he chases me. Just like like in Dane Cooks skit, I am running as hard as I can but the killer is always behind me. I run for a long ass time and the sun starts to rise. I run into a populated area and there are people on the sidewalk but no one decides to help. Thats all I remember.

My History of Rock and Roll class got me the thinking the other day. We are listening to early punk and heavy rock right now. When I listen to those songs I kind of have to cringe. The instrumentals are okay, but the way the lyrics are laid out bothers me. It seems like the writer have no idea what syllables are. They try to squeeze in a whole line of words where maybe only a few words would fit. The music doesn't seem organized. I always wondered why I don't like oldies when people always brag that music back then was better. When I listen to Senses Fail and then Led Zeppelin the way the syllables fall into the song are way different. So I was thinking about this the other day, and I thought maybe Rap music is the biggest contributor to music. Rap is always, or used to always have a certain flow to it. It was done more "poetically" and I just think the lyrics fit and were organized better. We haven't gotten to rap and hip-hop yet in the class, but maybe only after rap was introduced is when people looked to structure lyrics into the music more. Maybe I'm not sure.

No comments: