Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

2007!

Another year has come and left us. I hate having to think about the year that was. Knowing that all the good memories and all the fun times are all in the past. I hate knowing that I made alot of mistakes during 2006 and there is nothing I can do to fix them. I hate thinking about how unsure 2007 is going to be. But with risk comes reward and I hope I can look back when 2008 rolls around and tell myself you lived 2007 to the fullest. I think 2006 was the year I grew up. It could be that I feel that way only because its the year I remember most since it was the most recent. But it really could be the year that I learned alot about myself and the people around me. I am starting to feel the real life adult stresses (and it sucks haha) and I experienced my first heartbreak. It may seem like my 2006 sucked a little, but I am glad those growing pains chose 2006 to strike. 2006 also brought a new taste of music into my life. I am a devoted music listener. I mostly listen to Emo, Screamo, Post-Hardcore, indie rock. I try to explore more mainstream music so I'm not completely out of the loop, but its hard to listen to that crap since it is so horrible. In the past, I used to explore for more up and coming "rock" bands. But recently there whole "scene" has gotten very messy. There all these little "emo" bands out there and it makes it very difficult to find the really good bands since you have to dig through so many layers of shit bands. Like there is this one band Quality Under Pressure...and they rock! haha. Anywho, I dont really explore music that much anymore. I just wait for other people to sieve through the garbage for me and when a band rises I'll check them out and see if they are the real deal or if they are just a fling. I would advise everyone to check out the brand new Brand New cd if you haven't yet. It really is something else. If you are into darker more "emo" music. Agian, it could be that it is one of the most recent cds to come out and freshest in my mind, but I really feel like this cd will live for a long long time. Of course the Senses Fail cd came out in 2006 along with the lastest Underoath cd. Check those out as well!
It is only two days into 2007 and it already feels like time is moving to quick. I think overall 2006 was a very good year. I went to alot of concerts, spent time with people I really love, experienced life, and just lived to the fullest. But I hope 2007 brings even greater things. Greater people, experiences, music, and memories. Who knows, maybe I'll actually grow up, foregt about koodies and hook up with a girl haha. Maybe she will be the love of my life and my future wife. Probably not eh? haha. I hope you all had a wonderful 2006 and my best wishes for 2007!

No comments: