Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sub-Zero!

On my way to the computer lab today, I saw a really hot "emo" chick. I don't like using that word for many reasons, but its the best way to describe it without going into a lot of detail.

This weekend went by WAY to quick. It felt like a sprint. We had a list of things to do for Saturday which we did not complete and some of the events we half-assed. Saturday was the busiest day so I am going to Tarintino it chop up my weekend. Saturday started out with church like usual. After church, Mitch, Dean and I made plans to go down to the U and do some apartment searching. The only stop we made was Melrose. We had plans to visit Marcy Park but as we were driving to Marcy Park we realized that the walk from Marcy to the campus was to great. At Melrose we took at tour and got all the paper work. After we did out little apartment thing, we went back to Jon's to grab Deal or No Deal. Which was a complete waste of time. I wish we could have saved the hour we played Deal or No Deal and used it for Melee or 28 Days Later. Dean pressured everyone into playing that game. I've to come to realize that Dean isn't very economical with time. Oh, somewhere between there we also set off our Nagasaki bombs in "The Forest." They were pretty sweet. We needed better bottles but it was the first time many had seen the Nagasaki bombs so it was alright. We then rolled out to catch Jon and Nick's hockey games. Jon's game was first and it was easily the most entertaining game we had been to so far. It even beat out Hockey Mom. The game was vs. Centennial. Early in the first period a Centennial player got kicked out starting a fight after one of our players (D-Rock!) made a very hard and clean hit. Of course when something like this happens we get a little fired up, but we maintained our "clean campaign" approach. As the game went on, Centennial players kept getting kicked out one at a time. Now even the Osseo parents had enough and they got into it. For some reason the Centennial kids started firing gestures at us as if we were the ones they were playing. When this happens, everything is pretty much fair game. We cheered as each one of their players got kicked out. The good thing was that we had one of the refs on our side because he thought we were hilarious. I think it got to a point where Cent. only had 4 people on their bench. The kids that got kicked out came and stood by the stands and tried to out cheer us. Their coach must have been disappointed in their team because he waived those kids away. I just loved the fact that we were in their heads and when ever they scored or did something mildly entertaining they would come over to us. It just shows how stupid they are. We have no part in the outcome of the game, yet the felt that they had to show us up. Their aggressive play got them into trouble because a couple of times. A couple of kids charged Jon strait on and this is not a wise idea for such pussies. Jon murdered, and I mean MURDERED two kids on Saturday. The game eventually got called because the game had taken to long and there was another game slated after this one. As their goalie was skating off the ice, one of the Osseo coaches went over to shake his hand. The stubborn bitch refused to shake the coaches hand and cussed the coach out. Showed how classy Cent really was. Jon told us a funny story after he got out of the locker room. As he was skating off the ice he saw a Cent Mother taunting the Osseo kids and Jon couldn't hold back and had to make funny faces at her haha. After we ran over to Nick's arena to watch his game. On the way, the most comical event to ever happen in my life went down. Mitch tried to open a door with his face. We were running out of the arena and for some reason we paused for a second. When we continued Mitch accelerated into a window thinking it was a door. Writing about it doesn't do its justice. You had to see it. I never thought I would see something like that happen live. I thought I would only see stuff like that on Americas Funniest Home Videos. We get to Nick's game but we continued to talk about Mitch (Who was okay after the collision) and Jon's game. It was hard to pay attention to Nick's game since there was so much excitement in Jon's. The cool thing about Nick's game was there was an empty booth that we moved into and acted like sports broadcasters. I sounded more like a Chicago mobster. After Nick's game we all trucked it to Applebees cause we were starving. This time we actually went to Applebees to eat and not just for the atmosphere. The conversations were pretty dry and this might have been because we wanted to eat more. We only touched a few topics and talked about Melee which made us want to go home and play Melee. So thats what we did. We got to Jon's, watched the "Unforgivable" videos quick and played some Melee. I believe it was passed 12 already and lots of people were pretty tired.

I thought about what Applebees so comforting and fun for me and I think I now know why. Its the conversations with friends, duh, but I think its the way I approach conversations. In the past I have always been conscience about the consequences about my words. I always thought about if my words might offend someone. I was always careful about not giving my self any sort of praise (even when deserved) because being humble is such an important part of my makeup. I was always concerned with being a fucking boyscout pretty much and being "politically correct" in a sense. But when we talk at Applebees, I let my defense down, and I just let words come out with out thinking about what they mean and what kind of consequences might follow. People always say you should be able to tell your best friend anything, and this is true. But I also look at the other side. You should be more respectful toward a loved. I don't know why I can't just be like this everywhere, it sounds stupid to me too. But I can't just change the type of person I am. I think somewhere inside of me, I think that I slowly built this understanding with everyone that when we are in Applebees, anything goes. They can't hate me for the things I say, I can't hate on them for the things they say. Its become a second world for me.

Friday I started the day by going out to eat with my Mom. We had a little lunch and then she dropped me off at school. Peter picked Dean and Me up from the Plymoutch TC and we went strait to the Unique Thrift store to see if they had any new goodies. The store was pretty dry that day. After that we went home and met up with the rest of the peoples. Nick had a hockey game that night. We went to place we had never been there before. I think the biggest thing at this game was the two chicks that sat in the seats next to ours. One was an Ivanka Trump look alike and the other was just your regular skinny brunette. They were pretty good looking fine young thangs. I am taking career exploration class and I read a chapter where it explained that we must challenge ourselves to grow. A sweet quote by Marcus Allen stated, "Death can kill you once, but fear can kill you over and over and over if you let it." Very true. There was another quote that talked about how we grow the most when we experience embarrassment. So lately I've been trying to do things maybe I normally wouldn't do. I just tell myself the book told me to do it and it isn't as embarrassing. I'm getting somewhere with this if you haven't put it together yet. Our group of ALL guys has a serious lack of female interaction. Its kind of shameful. I know I've never been good with girls, and it appears that every person in our good just sucks when it comes to girls. So I thought I would take a chance and be the first one to try something new. Maybe it'll instill some courage in the rest of our base camp. So I talked with them a little bit. I would never do this if it was just for me. I would never act like a dummy if I was trying to impress a girl, but I thought if I grabed their attention maybe they would talk to some of the other guys. Well I'm pretty sure we had their attention, you can't be that loud, annoying and obnoxious and not get noticed. But I thought I'd plant a seed an let them know its okay to talk to us. 2 of the guys later mentioned that I got the cold shoulder, and I might have, but I thought they bashfully denied my invitation. I guess you could look at it both ways, but I didn't notice them giving me dirty faces and the "Ohh My Gawd!" treatment. Anywho, nothing came out of it and I saw fuck bitches. I'm going to take the John Ameichi approach haha. After the game I think we played Melee.

Sunday was a very important day. Sunday Dean and I signed our souls away to Melrose. It is official that we are living together next year during school. It should be an amazing growing experience. I remember hearing horror roommate stories. I always heard that rooming with best friends always ends sour. I hope this isn't the case. There are so many things I am looking forward to. If money wasn't a factor, this would have been an easy choice. Other then that, I didn't do shit on Sunday. Just filled out Melrose papers, dropped them off, signed my life away, did homework and went to bed at 10 pm.

No comments: