Anything that happens in life, or questions about life that I can think of. Please feel free to comment on any of the topics I bring up. I enjoy reading other perspectives. Now stop reading the header you loser.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Scorpion!

I haven't blogged for a minute and it fucking sucks. Minute meaning for a long time for those out of the Hip-Hop loop.

This week has gone by so fast. It feels like yesterday and a half ago (feels like it was a little longer then just yesterday) I was in Jon's basement watching the Mitch slap little kids (haha), confused with Peter over weird texts, watching dudes kiss over a snickers bar, and watching the Colts win a Super Bowl. Then I slept over at Dean's dorm twice, went and played basketball with Dean at the rec center, and wrote two papers. I've barely had time to eat. But it hasn't been very stressful.

Friday I had lunch with my Mom at a Korean restaurant before she dropped me off for my rock history discussion. In my rock discussion out T.A tosses out plastic zombies (to bad they aren't real zombies) when we say semi-intelligent things about the topic. Well, wanting a fucking zombie, I had some input about a song and a cappella that Dean and I thought was zombie worthy. Our T.A didn't give me a zombie and said it was because I didn't mention that there were no instruments in the song we were discussing. What the fuck does a cappella mean then!? Later Dean and I hopped on the 625 headed home. Nick picked us up from Ridgedale. We got home and I think we played a little Melee (duh). I don't remember if we went to Nick or Jon's hockey game and I can't remember how many hockey games we attended over the weekend and thats pretty sad. But anywho, we went to one and there was an unexpected crowd of students there (Must of been Nick's game cause no group of highschool students watches a Jr. Gold B game). After the game we made a Hot Spot run. Hot Spot has never let me down, but this night I was a little disappointed in Hot Spot. They had increased the price on the Boneless Buffalo wings! Probably because of us too! Where is the love!? Now I have to pay 50 cents more for each trip I make to Hot Spot. We had a larger group then usual so we were placed at an unusual table that wasn't very conversation friendly. But we still got the eating and still got some good talking in. Even thought the table wasn't the best setup, I've noticed that the people in our Hot Spot group isn't the best story telling or group discussion people. I usually enjoy an organized talk where everyone has input and everyone listens, but for this to work only one person can speak (most of the time). I thought it was pretty much human understanding on how this works, but I've noticed that people just don't have any patience and have to get their say in no matter what. This usually ends up with me trying to listen to 4 different opinions and thoughts at the same time. And its tough because I really want to hear what people want to say but it is impossible for me to listen to 4 people. I don't think any of the blame should fall Dean or Andy because they seem to be more reserved and know appropriate times to have input. I also hate it when people drag me off to the side to have a separate conversation. I think it is much more entertaining when the whole group is in on the topic. Another thing I noticed is people suck at telling stories. Telling the story and a good pace mostly, but a lot of other things. When someone tells a story at a slow pace, it fucks up the whole momentum of a conversation. It sounds like I don't enjoy my time at Applebees, but trust me, I love it! Good food, good people, good times! What more is there in life? (Women, sports, and Melee). We didn't have any deep conversations this time, we touched on old topics, Peter tried to share his zombie story, and then we shared a lot of humorous personal stories. I shared a couple stories where I made poor choices with the opposite sex. I wouldn't consider my self smooth with the ladies at all. I wouldn't even consider my self bad with the ladies. I would say I pretty much have no game at all haha. I shared a couple of examples. Like the time in 7th grade when Shorty A offered me a phone number, but I kindly declined. WHY?! This amazingly hot chick just offered your lousy ass her phone number and you shoved it back at her. I look back, and I just don't understand what I was thinking. Then in 9th grade, Shorty A again, offers to help me look for something. I think I walked into class a little late that day and we needed to get our portfolios or something and I couldn't find mine. She was sitting next to me while I was searching and she offered to help. I of course rejected her offer. Why, I don't know. I had no idea where my folder was, but I told her, "Oh, I think I know where it is." Another awkward moment was sometime in high school Andy and I visited Shorty B at her school. After we chatted it was time for Andy and Me to leave. Well, she extends her self for a hug, and I extend my hand for a handshake not knowing she was going to offer a hug. I felt as though I couldn't offer a hug now cause it would just make me seem like a perv. No hand shake, no hug, cya later. I'm cool.

Anyone been outside lately? It is fucking cold. Do your boogers freeze like mine do? And then you flare you nose to break what ever is frozen in there? Or is that just me? Either way, it is COLD! Coldest spot in the World according the NASA and the Nintendo Wii's weather channel.

Saturday started off with a little surprise. I woke up and was about to hop into the shower to get ready for church when my Pops informed me that the church wasn't meeting and praising the Lord this week. I was pretty confused, cause I don't think I've missed church in well over a year. I wish I would have known this ahead of time cause an open Saturday could have been used in soo many ways. I was later informed that Ka-Tee had a hat trick at her soccer game. Her games are usually played at noon which is right in the middle of church so most likely I will never be able to attend a game. Would have been nice to go to that game! I did use my extra time wisely by doing some homework. I got some homework out of the way so I could relax when Super Bowl Sunday hit us. Dean and I were hoping to get some apartment visiting done, but Mitchell was whipped into working a few extra hours so we shoved the plans back another week. Which sucked cause the prices on one of the apartments we are interested in just went up. Later we all got together and I think we started off with some Melee. Later I believe we went to Jon's hockey game (So there was two hockey games this weekend...I think...). Maple Grove and Osseo played at Osseo East so the parking lot was very crowded. Andy had to park in the junior high lot and we had to Metal Gear it through the snow. My boogers froze. Not to sound like a creep, but there were a lot of prospects at the game. Jon's team lost their game, like usual. I am starting to think I shouldn't go to these games anymore cause it is to depressing to watch teams I'm rooting for lose. I am a long time loyal fan of the Minnesota Timberwolves and thats painful enough. After the game we trucked it over to Jon's and had a little dinner while trying to watch a bunch of YouTube stuff on his Wii. Except for wireless internet sucks and non of the videos would load. Its still pretty cool to think that back in the day (Wed) of 56k, we needed a telephone wire to connect and now we can transmit a wireless signal stronger then 56K. After dinner and watching loading screens on YouTube, we got Melee fired up. A couple of weeks ago, Andy and I calculated all the Melee history stats and statistically ranked players. I say statistically ranked because I hate it when people quantify ever aspect of something. There is more to something then just numbers. I hate it when we talk about sports and people bring up numbers or comparisons that deal with numbers. Mitch must do a lot of research cause he brings up numbers always. I always believed that the things that don't get you on the stat sheet are more important. Maybe I am bias cause I've never been extremely talented at a sport and I've always been a hustle player. But I really do think elements like dedication, intensity and hustle are a bigger factor then how fast you can run or how high jump. The day Mitch or anyone finds a way to quantify those categories is the day I believe in numbers. Math sucks anyways, who the fuck wants to deal with numbers. Anywho, back to Melee. Andy and I thought it would be fun to calculate all the stats that we have piled up. I will write a whole separate Melee blog later. This Melee testing took us early into the morning.

Super bowl Sunday started out with a lot of homework. Had to write a paper and get a bunch of the things out of the way because I didn't have time to do it later. Super Bowl then I went to sleep over at Dean's cause I don't have rides to school on Monday mornings. Mitchell and I brought potato salad over to the party. We get downstairs to see that CBS was on one tube and we set up the Gamecube on the other. The Super Bowl started off with a bang as Devin Hester of the Bears ran the opening kickoff for a touchdown. I believe Peyton threw a interception on the Colts opening drive as well. Things looked grim for the Colts, but a Tony Dungy team is never out of a game. It was far to early. In the end Dungy's Colts were Super Bowl champs. The first half was very entertaining. Full of fumbles and interceptions and madness. I think there was a time where there was two fumbles in two plays. The second half was more conservative and just slower paced. A funny moment came when Mitch was bragging about Cedric Benson, a Texas Longhorns product I believe, and the next time Benson touched the ball he fumbles and gets hurt on the next play. He didn't hear the end of it. Mitchell tends to get blasted a lot when it comes to sports because he sometimes makes outrageous claims because of some numbers. Like the time he stated Dante Culpepper was one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time because he threw for at a 70% completion rate. Yes, that number is really good, but I watched the games and you could just tell he wasn't that good. I hate to say it, but look at him now. Injuries are nice excuses. An awkward moment came when Mitch slapped a young kid with a foam missile. Those little bitches were pretty annoying, but that is no excuse to physically touch a kid. I didn't see the strike and I don't want to give off the impression that Mitch hit him on purpose. I assume it was a reaction where he tried to motion the kid away, and the missile got to close to the child's face. The moment was reminiscent to the time we had a water gun fight in junior high. A group water gun fight somehow turned into a neighborhood friendly. Someone had a shit load or bubble solution or something cause there were clumps of bubbles everywhere so we started throwing bubbles at each other. We were older then the rest of the kids so we had a little kids vs. big kids battle. Of course when you play with little kids you have a find a balance of winning and losing. Well, it was Mitch's turn to bubble a kid. He grabs a handful of bubbles and gains momentum towards his victim. He must of had a little to much momentum or something cause he didn't gently float the bubbles at the kid, he slapped the bubbles against the kids face. The little kid of course goes running into his house. Everyone seeing and hearing a crying kid run into his house begins to panic. For some reason pressure situations really haven't had a heavy affect on me. In the middle of the panic, being the elected leader of the group, I ordered everyone to go run and hide. I don't know what made me think that but I guess I figured we didn't need 10 panic struck junior high kids fumbling words and make excuses to explain what happened to the anger father. From what I was told, the slappees family was kind of weird. Its hard to explain, but lets just say they are alternative. I could see the angry Father storm out his front door yelling "What the hell happened!" or something to that nature. I walk up to him and apologized on Mitch's behalf. He wasn't having it. Not much I could say except for sorry because obviously we did something wrong. The fun part was walking around the neighborhood trying to find my friends. In the panic, they had all scattered in different directions. It seemed like one would pop out of a bush, and then another one from a tree.

Before I end this blog and move onto my Super Smash Bros. Melee blog, I must write about one more thing. When you think back on how you figured different bands or artists out, was it always one song that hooked you to a band? For me, I can still think and name song that hooked me to a band and pulled me onto their boat. After that, I continued to explore the group and if they were good, I fell in love with them. Is this how it works for everyone?

30 Seconds to Mars' "Attack"
Acceptance's "Take Cover"
Anberlin's "Ready Fuel"
Armor for Sleep's "Car Underwater"
Bleed The Dream's "Broken Wings"
Bond's "Explosion"
Brand New's "Mixtape"
Bullet for My Valentine's "Tears Don't Fall"
Chiodos' "The Words "Best Friend" Become Redefined"
Meg and Dia's "Monster"
The Early Novembers "I Want to Hear You Sad"
Underoaths "Sun Still Sleeps"
Emery's "Walls"
The Formats "The First Single"
Hawthorne Heights "Ohio is for Lovers"
HIM's "Razorblade Romance"
Saosin's "Seven Years"
This Day and Age's "Second Place Victory"

Also, if you read the blogs, please comment. I like to hear what people have to say. It always says I had 100 views or whatever but Peter and Sat are the only two to ever comment. Unless Peter and Sat love my blogs so much they view it 50 times in a week. Sorry if I sound like I want attention like a MySpace whore, but I just want to know what people are thinking. I don't think many people read these expect for my close friends, but those comments mean more to me. But I guess I can't expect a lot from them. Mitchell barely knows how to use MySpace and Jon doesn't seem like he reads much. A lot of times I leave comments on peoples pages and I never hear back from them. Whats even more sad is, sometimes I leave a question on peoples pages and I don't hear back from them. I don't know, but conversations seem to work better when they go two ways. Even if you just say word to everything like Nick does, it at least lets me know that you got my message.

Word, Word, Word, The End.

No comments: